Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just a quick note about the goings on at the Brook.  We are expecting!  Ducks and geese that is. Made you all gasp didn't I.  We decided to jump on the band wagon with everyone else we know that's hatching chickens this year and do the same.  However in the fashion that we are so well known for we had to do it with a twist!  We opted for duck and goose eggs. So for the last few days we have spent many hours looking at eggs, staring at 2 different thermometers, deciding which light bulb has the right amount of heat, and making sure the humidity isn't to high or low.  Oh I feel like a woman that is a week from her due date. The problem with that is we are only about 6 day into a 21-28 day journey.  I'm not sure I can look at an egg the same way ever again.


          

1 comment:

  1. LOL....Duchess of Ducks...
    I really hope it works out for you. I was so bummed when I messed up the first batches. Our chickens should be arriving Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete