Monday, April 4, 2011

Eggcellent

                                                        
egg Gramp made

blue & white paperweight egg
Several years back I stated an egg collection quite by accident.  My Grandfather, Gramp as we called him, gave me a paperweight that's shaped like an egg.  When he gave it to me he said I ought to have it because it was given to him by his good friend. Now I don't really think that there was any real reason that he gave it to me and not my father or brother other than he was cleaning out his office. Of course there is the thought that he gave it to me because I am the oldest grandchild and by the same token the most loved and favorite. Okay maybe those words weren't used but I am sure that was the  real reason. Then after it sat on my craft table for a few years holding down quilting patterns, which is where my grandmother would like to see it, I thought that I should bring it out and put it on the mantle.  Just about that time my mother brought  over some other eggs that I had forgotten I had.  Two that had belonged to my great aunt, theses are very sparkly and shiny and as I have said if it sparkles it's for me!!!  The third egg was one that Gramp had made me. Gramp was quite an artist and had gotten into making Ukrainian eggs when I was younger.  The egg he made me was to commorate my 1st Communion in 1986.   Then one year at Christmas my mom gave me 3 small marble eggs she said to go with my collection, still not really thinking of it as a "collection". She was right though, I did have a collection.  Since then I try to add one or two a year to it. It's not  a huge collection yet but I'm sure it will be before too much longer. Yesterday I decided that I hadn't been at the sewing machine in a while so whipped up a few eggs to put in a large vase I have.

eggs I made last night

2 comments:

  1. Diva!!! snap snap snap those are really gorgeous eggs! what a cool thing to collect! fabulous just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..so where's the picture of your eggs you made with the sewing machine?? Share!! LOL

    ReplyDelete