Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mom, What's for dinner???

As we were eating dinner at yet another basketball game tonight I was thinking about how nice it would be to eat a meal that I cooked and was eaten at a table at OUR house. I thought that tomorrow night would be the magic night and I even had dreams of making an apple pie. Then Darling Husband just annihilated those dreams for me by reminding me that I have a class tomorrow evening and child #1 has basketball practice at the same time.  That's what you get with life in the fast lane I guess.    There was a time when I would knit at least a little everyday and cook all the time and Friday was usually pizza and movie night, now every night seems like pizza night and I would love Friday to be just plain home cooked meal night.  Now I seem to carry my knitting bag everywhere yet nothing ever gets taken out of it.  Now Darling Husband is a full time PharmD student and working full time, yeah full time that's what I said because he is the most awesome man I know (don't tell him I said that), and I am a full time student and still spend many hours a week at the salon and the kids!  I have certainly come to the realization that their schedules run the show, who gets dropped off where at what time and for how long, these are the questions that D.H. and I are constantly asking each other.  2 kids in 2 different basketball leagues then there are the games at least 3 a week it seems like, then the other things like before and after school activities and then they want to do things on weekends! How dare they! LOL! This weekend will consist of D.H. working all weekend, I will work a bit then child #1 wants to go to cheer on his friends at a school event a couple of hours away and I said yes.  I guess I won't be eating at home Saturday night either.......Maybe I will pick up a box of cereal on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment