Tuesday, March 10, 2015

And Now We Melt!

        This is the view from my entryway window this beautifully sunny morning.  What is it?  Well that is Hubby's size 14's heading to the roof, dealing with an ice issue.  Now that all of this fantastically wonderful snow and ice is starting to melt we have a leak that started in my kitchen and it now in the entryway.  I am not a happy mama.  He keeps saying it's not a big deal he can fix it.  And yes this man built the house and it is one of the most beautiful homes in the area (if I do say so myself) but....as you may know, before Hubby was a pharmacy school student he was a home builder.  (Kind of an odd leap of careers.)  One of the best in our state for that matter.
Hubby on the ladder to the roof!

   He has built some very impressive homes however, I live in an unfinished home.  You know the whole shoemaker's kids with no shoes.  Now don't get me wrong, I knew this would be the case when we built.   What we have been building for the last 10 years is quite fabulous, come on why wouldn't it be. HA HA. We have most of it done and I really don't care.  With that said, I do have a few rooms that are done and my kitchen and entryway are two of them.  He certainly can fix them and they will be wonderful when they are done and probably with some up grades because that is how we roll,  but he just doesn't have the time and I know that for the next three years (just a guess on time) that there will be a hole in the ceiling of now two rooms. I know it is a very incredibly petty thing to be upset about, but I am. 
P.S. He is always in need of a haircut so the whole carpenter's house never done thing goes both ways in this house.  A hairstylist's family always needs haircuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment