Tuesday, February 14, 2012





Nothing Says LOVE like clean dishes.

As another Valentine's Day comes to a close, I think fondly of one many years ago.  Thirteen years ago, a few months before the hubby and I got married, we were having a conversation about the holiday.  I told him that since we were planning a wedding and what not, that I didn't want him to buy me flowers.  To which he replied very quickly, "oh I'm not.  I'm getting you a dishwasher."  WHAT????? Now I know what you are thinking.....an appliance for a gift.  NO WAY. Just what I was thinking at the time.  Then I thought about it for a while.  It might be a good idea.  We had bought a house the summer before and neither of us liked doing the dishes.  I think we were at the point that we might have chosen to go to paper plates very soon.  So, we went and picked out a dishwasher. 
I love my dishwasher just as much as my diamond necklace that I received on another Valentine's Day (don't tell the hubby that).  A few years later while I was pregnant with my daughter, the dishwasher broke.  I was devastated.  It could have been the raging hormones of a woman that was 7 months pregnant, but I was in tears.  It was close to Christmas and I was concerned that we wouldn't be able to get it fixed at that time and God help me if I had to do the dishes by hand.  Turned out it was no problem. 
Then when we were building our house we put 2 dishes in, one on either side of the kitchen sink!!!  I run them both at least once a day. I wouldn't be without one (or 2) EVER now.  But tell someone you have two dishwashers and they look at you like you just said you had two jaguars (the cat not the car). 
It was by far one of the best gifts I have ever been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment