Monday, February 18, 2013

Downton Abbey.......where are the tissues?


                                               http://wallpaperen.com/downton-abbey.html
            
    By now all of the die hard DA fans have seen the season 3 finale.  WHAT?!?! REALLY?!?!?! Is this how we are to be left until next January.  One dead daughter, one dead son-in-law/heir, two new babies, and one very lonely, sad chauffeur/son-in-law. As one of my friends stated, is there some connection between the creators ad the anti depressant companies?  We are all surely going to be taking them after this season.
    I have to say that while it is very tragic that Matthew is now among those we have loved and lost, I was not as torn up about it as I was about Lady Sybil.  I was devastated when she was taken from us at such a young age. (my greif for fictional characters is at times great)  I think it was her and Tom's true and undying love that they had for each other that made her death so much worse then Matthew's.  Tom Branson's panic when she was near death was heart wrenching.  He truly loved her.  I can see that Mary will be upset, but in true Mary fashion, she will go on and find someone new to make sure that Downton goes on as it should.   I see the conversation that Branson had with Mrs. Hughes was far more moving then the car accident.
    Ahhh, anyway, back to reality for me. As much as I would like to just sit back and pretend that  nothing else that matters in the world then if Tom ends up with the new nanny or how will Mary deal with the death of Matthew or will Anna and Bates ever have a baby, I have to go clean the bathroom....where is the housemaid when I need her.

No comments:

Post a Comment