Thursday, December 27, 2012

Winter is here!

So it has happened.  The first real storm of the winter is upon us.  I don't really love the snow but I don't really hate it either.  As long as I don't have to be anywhere or it doesn't interfere with any plans, the snow and I get along quite well.  Today has been a VERY lazy day, a great deal of knitting and television watching and yes.... eating has taken place. 

The Brook
 
There were some visitors this morning, about 16 wild turkeys.  Once the dogs caught sight of them it was GAME ON!  Poor George just kept looking at us with a look that was just so sad, as if to say "please, please can I go see what they're doing."  Of course I'm sure all that would happen would be that we would end up with turkey for dinner.  And I'm pretty sure that's not quite a legal way to get it. Needless to say the bird dogs were very sad and excited for several minutes.

2 comments:

  1. brrr looks cold. But an amazing photo. Ansel Adams would be proud.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete